Our physical state of being is deeply influenced by our internal environment; our beliefs, thoughts, emotions and intentions. They have a huge impact on our actions and choices, the company we choose to keep and the way our life is today.
My belief system growing up wasn’t mainstream or popular. I had been indoctrinated by a religious organisation with beliefs that affected my entire outlook on life, the choices I made and my happiness. To create change took extreme measures.
But that didn’t mean change wasn’t possible.
Actually what it did mean was I had an opportunity to prove to myself that all the power I ever needed to create change was within.
The light switch flicked once I got honest with myself, like really fucking honest with my feelings.
All I needed to do was research, learn more and work hard to completely change my entire life – my outlook, my perception, my beliefs, my health, my relationships, my career, my finances and my freedom.
So if you’re struggling with anything it all, take one or as many of these tips as you can and know that change is possible and can happen when you are ready.
- Be honest with yourself – vulnerable with your thoughts and feelings, with no judgement, no boundaries, no expectations and no fear.
- Step up, take action and challenge yourself. Do things that will help you create change. Whatever you do, consistency is paramount. Start with only what you can handle. If consistency is compromised, take a little off your plate but don’t stop on your mission. Keep moving forward.
- Believe in yourself. Rid yourself of doubt, let it go, breathe it out. Failure only happens to those who want to see failure. Everything is a learning opportunity which gives us more information to help us get where we want to be.
- When you’re ready for more, get yourself a mentor, coach or surround yourself with likeminded people. You don’t need an army or a village to start making changes, even just one person who helps you see your potential is powerful enough to help you keep making progress.
- Let go of whatever holds you back – thoughts, feelings, people, substances. A great life awaits you. Shed the unhealthy fear.
- Be a good person. Ok, this one is twofold. Be a friend to yourself and be a good person to others. It starts off simple, treat others the way you want to be treated. If you want respect, respect yourself and respect others. If you like surprises, surprise yourself with what you can do and then surprise others. If you like a listening ear, listen to yourself and be the listening ear too.
- Be open to change and opportunities. The journey of transformation and growth never stops. Life is full of peaks and troughs but working on your emotional state and the way you respond means the depth of your lows aren’t so far down and you are able to climb out quicker.
- Spend time surrounded by nature, get moving and exercise. It’s healing and restorative for your soul. Time out away from everything can help put things back into perspective and it’s an opportunity for you to see just how capable you really are.
- Look after yourself. Eat foods that nourish your body. Depending on where you’re at limit or avoid processed foods, eat foods that actually make you feel good so you have the energy and strength to take action, not binge eating to hide emotion.
- Open your heart, let down the walls, be open to new adventures. Not everyone has your best interests at heart but doing the work above will help you know who you can and can’t trust
- Find something you love and do it often. Hobbies are important for everyone. If you can make a living out of your hobby, do it and then find something else to make as your new hobby
- Give value and you’ll receive value. Always invest in yourself! Always.
- Understand what you’re core values are and live your life aligned to them.
All these things bring about change, happiness and freedom.