Highly driven people live very busy lives. Often our career and professional life is ticking over nicely while our health and physique becomes a ticking time bomb.
Life is busy, we get it. Once upon a time you had all the time in the world to be active and you had the energy to keep up with it all but now, time is limited and you need to spend your time wisely. Long working days and a living in world of stress and responsibilities means most of the hours in your day are taken up worrying about everything else but yourself. You may have also noticed the things that used to keep you trim and feeling great aren’t as effective these days either.
Most people believe that to see better results they need to exercise more and cut calories but this is not entirely true!
Being time poor is not a death sentence for your health and fitness goals, but not taking mindful actions can be. So here’s our top 10 tips to help you keep your health in check, energy levels up and make sure your clothes keep fitting you.
- Have fresh produce delivered straight to your door or work place.There are lots of businesses who offer this type of service from farms like Organic Empire to Coles online.
- Allocate a time or two each week to do a bulk cook up and have your fridge stocked with meals. If you are to time poor to do that, make a list of people you can pay to do it for you. There are lots of small and larger businesses out there that offer this type of service. Maybe theres a relative or stay at home mum that could do with some extra cash to make meals for you? Part 2 of this tip: Put a couple of meals in the freezer for emergency times, don’t forget the work freezer too incase you forget your lunch one day.
- Drink your water! Fill up a 1 litre bottle if you find you get to side tracked between glasses.
- Get a slow cooker if you don’t already have one. These are great for throwing something quick and easy together leaving it to cook while you’re doing what needs to be done. Using the BBQ is also a great way to cook and mix things up.
- Slow roast meals overnight. Set the oven on the lowest temperature, wake up in the morning to the perfect melt in your mouth roast. Get yourself the largest trays your oven can fit to make as much as you can for the days ahead and freeze meals if you need too.
- Buy pre-packed bags of mixed frozen vegetables and pre-packed bags of salads, its the quickest salad you’ll ever make! Otherwise a food processor will let you whip up a large volume of salad with very little effort.
- Avoid foods containing processed sugar.Consuming foods with processed sugars to help get you through the day comes with repercussions. Replace those foods with fruit. Even better, eat more veggies! Consuming enough plant food, protein and good sources of fat will help keep you satisfied. A meal meeting this criteria will keep you more satisfied than snacks and will be more favourable to your waistline and energy stores.
- Avoid foods that inflame you.This point is crucial!! I’ve had long periods where some weeks I was only able to train once a week but I never gained weight because of this tip in particular. In fact, I actually looked better during then, than I did when I was eating foods I didn’t realise were inflaming me and training 4 times a week. If you’re unsure of what those are come see us for a nutrition consultation and we’ll test you.
- Be mindful of ways to increase incidental activity throughout the day. Some ideas to consider: Don’t always park in the closest car park to your destination, park on far edge of the carpark if thats what it needs to be. Take the stairs, instead of a lift or escalator. Get some fresh air in your breaks, quick walk around the block. Throw a change of clothes in your bag and your runners and take yourself through a short interval session before you jump in your car to come home.
- Hire a personal trainer. Training with an Assist PT trainer means you will never miss a training session. We will make sure we understand your busy life so that we can tailor a personalised nutrition guideline and training programs that will help your body see results. We’ll take you through a proper structural screening to ensure your programs are created using exercises your body needs to see changes and correct your posture due to the hours you spend in positions that may be causing discomfort. When you train at Assist PT you train with trainers who invest in continued education well beyond what the government expects personal trainers to have. You don’t need to do countless hours of training to see results, you just have to train the right way and eat right for your body. Our training packages make sure you get all of this.
Implement as many tips as you can and if you need more help or you’re after a great personal trainer, reach out to us for help! We specialise in providing the most personalised approach, offering one on one training packages which can be done at our studio in Lilydale or online coaching workshops to help you implement healthier habits, which is a great option if you need support and help to implement changes better suited to your situation but happy with your gym membership. It’s time to think about a different type of success! Improving your strength, health and wellness, your energy levels, confidence and physique. Contact us today if you’re ready to turn it all around.