How did 8 men and women from the Yarra Valley, Lilydale, Croydon, Chirnside Park and Mooroolbark get these results in 12 weeks:
-52kg of body fat
+29kg of lean muscle
-220cm in measurements
The evidence all points to this…..
Consistency to a plan YOU can sustain!!
You can have the best plan in the world but if you aren’t consistent, you can forget seeing any impressive changes like those stated above. Today I’m going to share with you some of the simple things you can do to create a lifestyle change that will help you drop unwanted weight, increase your energy levels and make you feel great!
- Drink More Water: Water is your secret weight loss pill. You want to aim to drink 1 litre per 25kg of body weight daily.
- Prepare Your Meals: Do large cook ups a couple of times a week so you are less likely to reach for high calorie snacks and have healthy meals available for a few days in advance.
- Eat Clean Foods: Foods in packaging are generally more refined and harder for the body to process. In fact, these foods are the foods more likely to cause inflammation and when the body is inflamed it has better things to do than burn fat. A healthy meal will contain protein, plant food and a small amount of good fats.
- Be Consistent With Your Exercise Routine: Don’t over commit. Exercising for less time but more often is best when starting out as it feels less daunting, more achievable and easier to build upon. Progression in your training is vital for results.
- Relax: Don’t stress about dropping body fat. Work on being healthy and your body WILL drop body fat. A walk outside in the sunshine is a great way to de-stress, as is yoga and meditation. Do whatever works for you.
- Respect the Recovery Process: Rest!! Don’t overtrain, refuel post training with some high energy carbohydrate in your meal. There is no point adding in more training if you are fuelling your body correctly or allowing it to recover properly.
- Get Quality Sleep: Get to bed earlier to allow your body enough rest each night to recover and rebuild. Dim the lights in the evening in the hours before bed, block out all light in the bedroom and turn off all electrical appliances. There are plenty of great meditation apps to help you wind down if you have trouble with that too.
- Surround Yourself With Support: Gather together a support network you can trust to help you in times of weakness. We all love our friends but if your friends allow you to slip up, find professional support because it’s not easy undoing a life time of habits when our beliefs and behaviours need a little adjustments. Be clear on your goals and stick to your plan to create a healthier lifestyle. Also don’t forget your reasons why you need this change to happen.
We all love to be inspired by seeing results from others who followed the plan that was created for them. Here are a couple of stand out achievers from our January challenge. If you would like to learn more about what we do, book in for a Discovery Session and let’s see if Lilydale’s best Personal Trainers are right for you too.