Linseeds are very high in omega 3 which is a very good fat for those trying to burn fat. We like to add crushed linseeds to our bliss balls to help balance out the omega 6 to 3 ratio, however these raw chocolate protein balls are still only recommended as an alternative to reaching for the biscuits in your kitchen at work!
If you’re working toward a big goal then this recipe may have to wait until you reach it but for those of you following a healthy lifestyle plan that allows you to enjoy healthy foods in moderation, this is a great option to enjoy.
These treats can be frozen and enjoyed when visitors pop over or as an alternative when your chocolate craving strikes.
Back to linseeds though! Good fats from linseeds can only be absorbed if the seeds have been grounded up, linseeds in this form are also known as flaxmeal. I like to grind my linseeds up in the nutribullet or coffee grinder as I need them so they remain fresh.
Raw Chocolate & Cranberry Truffles
12 medjool dates, pips removed
3/4 cup water
1 cup grounded linseeds or flaxmeal (packed firmly)
1/2 cup almond meal (packed firmly)
1/2 cup of hazelnut meal (packed firmly)
1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder (packed firmly)
3/4 cup desiccated coconut plus ½ cup for coating
3/4 cup dried cranberries
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- Use nutribullet/ninja/magic bullet cup to soak medjool dates in water for 10 minutes
- Add grounded linseeds, hazelnut meal, almond meal, cacao powder, coconut in a large bowl or food processor, mix together the almond meal, hazelnut meal, cacao and cranberries into a food processor or large mixing bowl and blend well
- Add vanilla bean extract to dates and wizz in your blender/bullet until it turns into a dark thick consistency
- Add date mixture to dry ingredients and mix well (you may need to give it a bit of manual love at the end as the consistency is quite thick
- Put remaining 1/2 cup coconut in a small bowl for coating
- Roll mixture into little balls in your palm and and coat with coconut
- You may add a little raw honey if you like your balls sweeter
- Refrigerate truffles for at least 30 minutes prior to serving or put straight into the freezer and treat responsibly.